Visitor pick-up/drop-off is situated off of Atwater Street near the Cobo Center riverfront entrances.
Cobo Center is located right in the heart of downtown Detroit. For your convenience directions can be found below.
Currently, Cobo Center has 2,246 parking spaces available on a first come first serve basis at the Cobo Roof Deck, Washington Blvd., and in the Cobo Center Congress Street Garage. Cobo Center is not responsible for items left in vehicles parked in Cobo Center garages.
From the north via I-75 (Chrysler Freeway)
- Take I-375 south, exit at westbound Jefferson. Proceed down Jefferson to Cobo Center straight ahead. Stay right to avoid going onto the freeway.
- To park in Cobo Center Garage: Cross Washington Blvd. into garage entrance.
- To park on Cobo Center Roof: Turn right on Washington Blvd. Go two blocks, then left on Congress. Stay right to avoid going onto the freeway. Past Second St., turn left into Cobo Roof Parking
From downriver via I-75 (Chrysler Freeway)
- Exit at M-10 (Lodge Freeway) south, following signs to Civic / Cobo Center.
- To park in Cobo Center Garage: Exit (left exit) at Larned Street. At stop light, turn right on Washington Blvd., then right into garage entrance.
- To park on Cobo Center Roof: Exit at Howard Street and proceed straight until third stop light. Turn left on Fort Street for one block. Turn right on Third Street. Road curves to left, then turn right into Cobo Roof Parking
From the west via I-96 (Jeffries Freeway)
- Exit at M-10 (Lodge Freeway) south, following signs to Civic / Cobo Center and following directions above.
From I-94 (Ford Freeway)
- Take either I-75 or I-96 off of I-94 and follow directions above.
Detroit People Mover
A Detroit People Mover station is located inside Cobo Center on the fourth floor near Congress Street. Click below for more details about the Detroit People Mover and the Detroit People Mover stations.
Launched in 2017, the Detroit Q-Line Rail connects the downtown area with the creative culture and boutique commerce of Midtown, enriching the Cobo Center visitor experience like never before. museums, universities, tech campus, research institutes, automotive centers, sports, music, cross-cultural dining and more that is distinctly Detroit.
Airport Shuttle Service
Trinity Transportation is the local business offering shuttle services to/from Metro Airport. They provide on-time pickups, friendly service at a reasonable price.
Uber provides rideshare services for Cobo Center and will have a dedicated Pickup Zone that may vary by event.
FAST is a new reliable, high frequency bus service that connects the city and suburbs. FAST Gratiot, FAST Woodward and FAST Michigan routes operate every 15-30 minutes for a quick convenient ride and a stop on Washington between fort and Congress. Use FAST to ease the burden of parking and eliminate the hassle of navigating downtown.
FAST Michigan also runs from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to downtown seven days a week. It is a great way to connect from the airport to Cobo and downtown hotels.
Hours of Operation
FAST Woodward and FAST Gratiot operate from 5 a.m. until approximately 1 a.m. and FAST Michigan operates from 5am until approximately 12 a.m.
More Transportation Options
For information on bus service and other modes of transportation, visit the Detroit Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau website.